1712 House was built on eighty private acres in the Town of Marbletown, Hamlet of Stone Ridge. With more than 20 acres of rolling lawns, bounded by mountain streams, clear spring fed ponds and 60 acres of magnificent old growth forest, this estate like property is a private haven. Although completely secluded it is only one mile from the center of Stone Ridge.
These 80 acres of natural beauty were home to the Hardenbergh family from 1708 when Major Johannes Hardenbergh purchased the land from the local Esopus Indian Tribe. The original family home still stands, opposite the Hardenbergh pond, site of the grist mill that was built in 1762 by Leonard Hardenbergh. During the American Revolution the mill was used to grind grain to make bread for the Colonialist army.
We strive to make the land a refuge for wildlife and a source of serenity for all who visit.