Thing To Do
The Hudson River Valley is a truly beautiful area. Whether you’re looking for a peaceful weekend away from the buzz of the city or are seeking out an exciting adventure, our area has something to offer everyone. Within a short ride of 1712 House you can find.
- Wineries on the Shawangunk Wine Trail
- Hiking at Minnewaska State Park and the “Gunks”
- Historical Sites of Hyde Park including Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site and Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site
- Take a tour of Olana State Historic Site, the home and studio of eminent Hudson River School painter Frederic Edwin Church.
- Delicious restaurants and the Culinary Institute of America
- Find out what’s going on locally with The Community Guide